Cyber Threat Analyst
We are seeking a Cyber Threat Analyst for a Weekend position in Washington, DC. All candidates must have active Top Secret Clearances.
Cyber Threat Analyst
- Maintain responsibility for producing daily cyber threat briefs, researching cyber threats, checking threat signatures and indicators in data and tools, create threat alerts based on threat and vulnerability data, and respond to threats and incidents.
- Analyze network and host data. (see list of tools below)
- Analyze cyber incident reports and malicious activity to determine exploitation methods and impacts
- Research and evaluate cyber threats and how they relate to the agency.
- Prepare assessments and cyber threat profiles of current events based on the collection, research, and analysis of classified and open source information.
- Provide briefings, recommendations, and findings for senior leaders.
- Collect and leverage open-source and commercial threat intelligence to identify new adversary tactics and potential impacts to relevant organizations
- Utilize automated data analytic and machine learning techniques to identify anomalous activity
- Leverage existing, and develop new, Cyber Threat Intelligence and indicators of compromise to support cybersecurity monitoring and detection capabilities.
- Leverage cyber threat hunt techniques to identify APT actors activity
- Utilize analytic techniques such as long-tail analysis, link analysis, outlier detection, and baseline deviation detection to identify potential cybersecurity issues.
- Develop and maintain expertise in cyberspace operations and emerging cyber threats and trends.
- Provide regional or functional analytic support pertaining to a wide-range of Cyber threat actors.
- Determining comprehensive cyber risk through evaluating system configurations and vulnerabilities and identifying interactions between multiple vulnerabilities coupled with mitigations.
- Experience conveying complex cyber threat information through effective visualizations and graphics
- Coordinate incident and cyber threat intelligence data with other cybersecurity operations centers
- Knowledge of the IC, intelligence lifecycle, and audit collection policies.
The Cyber Threat Analyst may occasionally be asked to perform non-threat analyst duties which include the following, and ideal applicants will also be experienced in at least one of the following areas:
- Incident Response
- Network Mapping
- Vulnerability Assessment
- Digital Forensics
- Malware Analysis
- Reverse Engineering
- Penetration testing
- Cyber Hunt
- Data Analytics/Machine Learning
- Experience in either cyber intelligence or cyber incident response – min of 3 years
- Experience analyzing cyber data including some of the following: SIEM, Firewall, ACAS/Vulnerability, pcap and netflow network analysis, malware analysis, host-based tools, and cyber threat open source tools and resources.
- Experience with collecting, analyzing, and interpreting qualitative and quantitative data from multiple sources for the purposes of documenting results and analyzing findings to provide meaningful products
- TS/SCI clearance
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- ·BA Degree 9- 12 years of professional work experience
Must possess an active TS clearance (SCI preferred) and ability to obtain a Q/SCI clearance.