ClearFocus Technologies, a HUBZone certified company, is located in Leesburg, VA. We specialize in cybersecurity and support multiple government and commercial clients for a variety of missions. We value our clients, integrity and employees and believe a single person can make a difference!
We are committed to attracting and retaining the best and brightest talent who desire to work with industry leading technology to stay on top of their profession. We provide an excellent benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401(k), paid professional development reimbursement and more!
This Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst will provide support to a customer in Washington, DC. This position requires previous experience in related IT security fields. Security analysts are needed to staff a 24x7x365 Security Operations Center (SOC). The shift time would be 2pm-10pm EST.
Primary Job Responsibilities
Primary Skills Required
- IDS monitoring and analysis, network traffic and log analysis, prioritization and differentiation between potential intrusion attempts, determination of false alarms, insider threat and APT detection, and malware analysis/forensics.
- Create and track investigations to resolution.
- Compose security alert notifications.
- Advise incident responders in the steps to take to investigate and resolve computer security incidents.
- The ideal candidate should be able to multitask and give equal attention to a variety of functions while under pressure.
- This position requires the ability to work a shift schedule.
- A requirement for this candidate is to stay up to date with current vulnerabilities, attacks, and countermeasures.
Other Position Requirements Preferred
- Experience working within a government agency is preferred.
- Experience with
- Intrusion Detection Systems
- Active Directory
- Web Proxies
- Vulnerability Assessment tools and other security tools found in large enterprise network environments
- Experience working with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solutions.
- Familiarity with various network and host-based security applications and tools, such as network and host assessment/scanning tools, network and host based intrusion detection systems, and other security software packages.
- Digital Media Analysis (DMA) and prior computer forensics experience strongly desired, but not required.
- Excellent written communication skills and the proven ability to present complex, technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Previous experience working in a large government or corporate enterprise environment is a requirement.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and be self-directed and an independent self-starter.
Education and Experience:
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA), or other GIAC certifications.
- This position requires a four-year college degree and the candidate must have 2-5 years related work experience, including prior experience working as a Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT), Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), Computer Security Incident Response Center (CSIRC) or a Security Operations Center (SOC) analyst.
- U.S. citizenship required
- Top Secret or Q