Sr. Systems Engineer
We are seeking a Sr System Engineer for a full-time position in Washington, DC. All applicants must have an active Top-Secret clearance.
Primary Skills Required
- Analyzes user’s requirements, concept of operations documentation, and high level system architectures to develop system requirement specifications.
- Analyzes and recommends system requirements and leads design and development activities. Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility and risk management studies.
- Provides technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design and technology.
- Incorporates new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations.
- Develops technical documentation.
- Develops system architecture and system design documentation.
- Guides system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans
- Interacts with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical consideration and for associated problems, issues or conflicts.
- Ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the System Engineering area of responsibility.
- Communicate with other program managers, government program directors and senior executives.
- Contribute to the development of sections of systems engineering documentation such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements Specifications and Interface Control Documents.
- Manage system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the delivery of production systems that are compatible with the defined system architectures.
- Assist with the development of system requirements, functional requirements and allocation of the same to individual hardware, software, facility and personnel components.
- Derive lower-level requirements from higher-level allocated requirements that describe in detail the functions that a system component must fulfill, and ensure these requirements are compete, correct, unique, unambiguous, realizable and verifiable.
- Define the methods, processes, and evaluation criteria by which the systems, subsystems and work products are verified against their requirements in a written plan.
- Develop system design solution that satisfies the system requirements and fulfills the functional analysis.
- Develop technology roadmaps
- Design and implement new solutions and improve resilience of the current environment.
- Analyze business requirements to develop technical network solutions and their framework.
- Develop test plans, implementation plans, and project timelines for various IT projects.
- Ensures the stable, secure and cost effective operation of the organization’s IT infrastructure.
- Provides input and manages short and long term projects designed to meet business requirements for infrastructure functionality, performance, availability, cost and business continuity needs while taking into account business direction and growth strategies.
- Designs and administers server and network systems, storage solutions, virtual environments and cloud architecture.
- Implements short and long term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Stay abreast of how technology infrastructures are currently impacting and driving competitors.
- Write functional requirements/specifications documents.
- Lead and support the development of data network systems.
- Designing servers, configuring components and troubleshooting any issues prior to implementation.
- Support design for upgrading components in existing networks.
Primary Skills Desired
- Experience as an IT Infrastructure Architect (versus recent experience as a system administrator)
- Proven ability to create system designs and architectures
- General ideas of commonly used tools and future trends
- Candidate will Possess Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills and be able to Interact with Senior Levels of Management.
- Network Architecture and Design Experience
- Experience with Network routers, switches, and TACLANES
- Knowledge of cloud architectures
- Knowledge of virtualization
- Knowledge of OSI layers
- Experience with the Department of Energy or Intelligence Community desired