ClearFocus Technologies, a HUBZone certified company, is located in Leesburg, VA. We specialize in cybersecurity and support multiple government and commercial clients for a variety of missions. We value our clients, integrity and employees and believe a single person can make a difference!
We are committed to attracting and retaining the best and brightest talent who desire to work with industry leading technology to stay on top of their profession. We provide an excellent benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401(k), paid professional development reimbursement and more!
The remote Linux Team Lead coordinates the daily activities of Linux Team staff – communicates expectations, trains, mentors’ staff, address client issues, and interfaces with clients as needed. The Linux Team Lead is expected to be process- oriented and accountable for the overall success of the Team. Additionally, the Linux Team Lead applies current technologies to the design, development, evaluation and integration of computer information systems and networks to maintain system security.
Works with commercial computer product vendors in the design and evaluation of state-of-the-art secure COTS applications, operating systems, networks and database products and technology. Candidate will also provide security engineering and integration services to internal customers and be involved in a wide range of issues including securing architecture, securing electronic data traffic, network security, information security and privacy, and will develop security systems for any manual or automated systems environments.
- Manage a team of Linux engineers
- Communicate policies, expectations, and feedback to staff
- Facilitate a high-performance team environment and employee engagement
- Provide performance feedback and corrective action to direct staff
- Lead activities of Linux staff to diagnose and resolve client problems
- Guide and coordinate projects requiring scheduling
- Provide input on process improvements and contribute to the technology road map for the strategic plan
- Contribute to the development, communication and implementation of policies, procedures, best practices, recommendations, and guidelines for standards
- Provide guidance and training to staff
- Evaluate and provide input regarding employee performance
- Maintain Linux schedule for a 24x7 365
- Other duties as assigned and required
- Must possess at least 10 years of relevant work experience and a bachelor's degree from an accredited university. A postgraduate degree from an accredited university may substitute for 6 years of experience.
- Proficiency with configuration management using Ansible or Puppet
- Skilled in Linux-related scripting (Bash, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Experience with Apache web server configuration and management
- Management, deployment and troubleshooting of Java and Tomcat applications
- Experience analyzing and evaluating the security of new and existing IT systems and the procedures to protect information system assets from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure, or destruction
- Experience analyzing and evaluating the design and operating effectiveness of Information technology and security controls that are in place
- Knowledge and understanding of operating systems, networks and services
- Knowledge of Red Hat version 6 or 7(rhel6/rhel7) with the ability to engineer, install, administer, and maintain
- Experience evaluating security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information
- Manage changes to system and assesses the security impact of those changes
- Experience and/or familiarity with the following network protection devices: Firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDS/IPS), log analysis, malware analysis, network traffic flow and packet analysis
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of best practices, trends related to information security
- IDM/Free IPA
- Open Nebula
- Satellite Server
- Nagios Training/certification in any of the following is strongly desired:
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)