ClearFocus Technologies, a HUBZone certified company, is located in Leesburg, VA. We specialize in cybersecurity and support multiple government and commercial clients for a variety of missions. We value our clients, integrity and employees and believe a single person can make a difference!
We are committed to attracting and retaining the best and brightest talent who desire to work with industry leading technology to stay on top of their profession. We provide an excellent benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401(k), paid professional development reimbursement and more!
We are currently looking for a Network Security Monitoring Analyst in Germantown, MD with the following skill set:
Roles & Responsibilities
As a member of the Network Security Team perform the following tasks:
- Perform security monitoring of DOE security event feeds.
- Perform trend analysis of DOE security events.
- Develop and tune security event related signatures and content.
- Monitor, organize, and coordinate correspondence for emails received to the Security Operation Center (SOC) Inbox
- Update Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Coordinate with Incident Response staff to effectively contain and recover from cyber incidents.
- Support and coordinate eDiscovery and Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests
- Monitor security event feeds for availability and throughput, to quickly identify any gaps in available telemetry.
- Ideally, candidate will have Cloud experience in AWS or Azure.
- Must possess at least 3 years of relevant work experience. An associate degree in a related field may substitute for 2 years of experience and a bachelor’s degree may substitute for 3 years of experience.
- Active DoD Secret or DOE L
- 3 years of related Cyber Security experience
- Experience performing security monitoring.
- Experience performing signature tuning.
- Experience analyzing PCAP.
- Strong understanding of the Cyber Kill Chain
- Experience drafting analysis reports and briefings tailored appropriately for executive or technical audiences.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Desired strong understanding of FISMA and the Risk Management Framework
- Desired experience performing incident response.
- Desired experience performing malware analysis.