**Must have an active TS/SCI with Full-scope poly
ClearFocus Technologies, a HUBZone certified company, is located in Leesburg, VA. We specialize in cybersecurity and support multiple government and commercial clients for a variety of missions. We value our clients, integrity and employees and believe a single person can make a difference!
We are committed to attracting and retaining the best and brightest talent who desire to work with industry leading technology to stay on top of their profession. We provide an excellent benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401(k), paid professional development reimbursement and more!
The Linux Engineer will be responsible for the implementation, support and maintenance of all aspects of the project’s Linux infrastructure. Project infrastructure includes virtual and physical servers and software resources. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Monitor health and capacity of and troubleshoot Linux system resources using Nagios and iLO and VMware host console.
- Assist multiple development teams with recurring operations and maintenance activities (host creation, system performance issues, H/W issues, general Linux administration support, Centrify/AD support, patching and security compliance, etc.)
- Coordinating and escorting vendors into the Data Center to replace failed hardware components on Linux systems
- Providing general Linux system administration guidance and support to multiple development teams (disk management, design reviews, etc.)
The successful candidate must be able to work well both in a team setting and individually on project-based tasks and have direct experience in the following:
- Prior experience as a Unix/Linux Systems Administrator of Linux, preferably RHEL/CentOS (installation, configuration, upgrades, troubleshooting)
- Prior experience developing Puppet modules for server builds (Kickstart), and maintenance automation
- Prior experience integrating automation with DHCP and DNS.
- Prior experience with Centrify and Active Directory integration and management of Linux groups, accounts and servers
- Prior experience with one or more scripting tools: Puppet, Shell, Perl/CGI, Python
- Managing and monitoring Linux server resources in a VMWare/VSphere environment
- Building and maintaining all Linux Virtual Machines Server/Resource Automation
- Direct experience with, including hardware maintenance, firmware updates to HP DL Series Servers, Dell PowerEdge R630/730 Servers and iLOM/iDRAC usage
- Prior experience working in an AWS environment with Linux
- Prior experience with Python and Ansible automation of system administration and configuration tasks
- Prior experience with GitHub for Infrastructure code management
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience