Location – Dulles/DC
8 years ‘experience w/BA degree
18 years’ experience no degree
TS clearance required
The Linux Administrator will need to have the basic skills below:
- Installs new software releases, system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches and resolves software related problems.
- Performs system backups and recovery and maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems.
- Manages IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
- Provide support to IT systems including: day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client problems.
- Provide problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems.
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Escalate issues and provide status communication to customers
- Must possess experience in one or more systems and architectures and associated hardware: workstation/client/server based for large, medium and small-scale network-distributed IT systems
- Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels
- Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions
- Ensures data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations
- Ensures data recoverability by implementing a schedule of database archive operations
- Supports media management through internal methods and procedures or through offsite storage and retrieval services
- Develops and promotes standard operating procedures
- Experience with application software and operating systems such as Linux and Windows