We are seeking a Senior Cybersecurity Engineer position in Washington, DC. All applicants must have an active Top Secret clearance.
Senior Cybersecurity Engineer to provide IT Systems Security support to a government customer.
Note: This is a Senior role. Experience with specific cybersecurity products is not sufficient to be successful. The candidate will need broad experience in server, networking, hardware, workstation, code/application and protocol technologies. The candidate will routinely be expected to architect and implement novel solutions involving multiple commercial, GOTS, and open source products which they have not previously worked with before. They are expected to quickly read documentation and develop solutions based on their broad expertise with the underlying protocols and technologies.
The Senior Cybersecurity Engineer responsibilities include:
- Architect and implement complex cybersecurity solutions to address new and emerging threats, support policy requirements, and support agency initiatives.
- Recommend technological and architectural upgrades/modifications to agency's Information Systems Security architecture.
- Interface with IT Operations, special programs, and other groups to ensure their projects integrate the necessary cybersecurity controls and technologies.
- Architect, Install, configure and maintain Linux servers (CentOS, RHEL, Ubuntu)
- Architect, Install, configure and maintain IDS sensors (Snort, SourceFire, Suricata, Bro, NTOP)
- Architect, Install, configure, and maintain Host based defenses (McAfee ePO)
- Architect, Install, configure, and maintain Security Orchestration Automation Response (SOAR) technologies
- Architect, Install, configure, and maintain vulnerability scanning solutions (Tenable)
- Architect, Install, configure, and maintain enterprise firewalls
- Architect, Install, configure, and maintain SIEM solutions
- Develop and implement custom scripts to solve integration challenges between products
- Identify requirements for additional cybersecurity monitoring and defense capabilities which will enhance the situational awareness capability.
- Develop Life Cycle plans for all cybersecurity systems, including support with testing of new systems.
- Lead cybersecurity architecture, deployment planning and implementation tasks.
- Provide incident response functions when appropriate and coordinate activities with site Incident Handlers.
- Write guidelines, standards, procedures and other technical documentation.
- Support the Agency in publishing incidents, alerts, advisories and bulletins as required.
- Working closely with the SOC Watch and Cyber Threat Intelligence groups, quickly answering ad-hoc questions to support their missions
- Any other duties as requested by the SOC management
The Senior Cybersecurity Engineer may also occasionally asked to perform non-engineering duties which include the following, and ideal applicants will be experienced in at least one of the following areas:
- Incident Response
- Cyber Hunt
- Digital Forensics
- Malware Analysis
- Reverse Engineering
- Penetration testing
- Data Analytics/Machine Learning
- Experience working in a network security environment, such as a Security Operations Center (SOC), Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT), Computer Incident Response Center (CIRC) or Cyber Security Incident Response Center (CSIRC).
- Multiple industry certifications such as CISSP, GIAC, CeH
- Multiple product certifications such as RHCE, CCNA, Tenable, Splunk
- Possesses experience supporting the Intelligence Community (IC)
- Experience proactively providing system security support in accordance with NIST 800 series
- TS Required; SCI Preferred.
- Ability to obtain a Q/SCI required.
- May begin work after receipt of TS/Q/SCI clearance.
- 7-10 years experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited college or university