We are seeking a Senior Cybersecurity Engineer position in Washington, DC. All applicants must have an active Top Secret clearance.
Senior Cybersecurity Engineer to provide IT Systems Security support to a government customer.
The Senior Cybersecurity Engineer responsibilities include:
- Provide the technical expertise required to modify (upgrade) and/or replace existing SOC monitoring devices as needed.
- Install, maintain, monitors, troubleshoots, and decommissions sensor devices
- Configured in accordance with SOC standards.
- Maintain configuration control of all signatures and test them before being deployed in the operational environment.
- Evaluate and test all upgrades and patches prior to deployment in production.
- Configure firewall rules according to security policy
- Perform daily vulnerability assessment, threat assessment, mitigation and reporting activities in order to safeguard Agency information assets.
- Identify requirements for additional sensor locations which will enhance the situational awareness capability.
- Underlying factors affecting the expansion of sensor deployment will be the results of the ongoing Network Mapping task and the continued installation of Intrusion Detection Sensors.
- Develop IDS Life Cycle plan for all IDS, including support with testing of new IDS systems.
- Lead deployment planning and implementation tasks.
- Perform vulnerability scanning on Information Systems to ensure protection has been put in place on those systems.
- Provide incident response functions when appropriate and coordinate activities with site Incidnet Handlers.
- Conduct research pertaining to the latest viruses, worms, etc. and the latest technological advances in combating unauthorized access to information.
- Write guidelines, standards, policies, procedures and other technical documentation.
- Support Information Assurance asset deployments, upgrades, and maintenance; including servers, databases, network assets and wireless intrusion detection (WIDS) LAN securityAssess and review current technology infrastructure to identify key risks areas, and ensure adequate level of control are in place to address those risks.
- Recommend technological and architectural upgrades/modifications to Agency's Information Systems Security architecture.
- Support the Agency in publishing incidents, alerts, advisories and bulletins as required.
- Any other duties as requested by the SOC management
Qualities/Additional info: Cyber Security Services Engineer should be a proven team player with excellent oral and written communications skills.
Experience with the following;
- Experience with information security devices (e. g., firewalls, and intrusion detection/prevention systems) and applications (e.g. security information management tools (e.g., ArcSight)
- Experience working in a network security environment, such as a Security Operations Center (SOC), Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT), Computer Incident Response Center (CIRC) or Cyber Security Incident Response Center (CSIRC).
- Palo Alto Firewalls
- ACAS/Tenable Security Center/Nessus
- Cisco IDS devices
- Advanced Routing and Switching, Remote Access, Multilayer Switching, Cisco IOS security, VPN security, and Troubleshooting
- Network administrator,
- System Administration (Windows and Linux)
- TCP/IP (Network System Engineering),
- Wireless Intrusion Devices
- Penetration Testing
- CISSP certification
- CISSP-ISSEP certification
- Security+ certification preferred
- CompTia Advance Security Practitioner (CASP)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CeH)
- Cybersecurity Leadership (GSLC).
- Tenable Certified Nessus Auditor (TCNA) certification
- Possesses experience supporting the Intelligence Community (IC)
- Experience proactively providing system security support in accordance with NIST 800 series
- TS Required; SCI Preferred.
- Ability to obtain a Q/SCI required.
- May begin work after receipt of TS/Q/SCI clearance.
- 7-10 years experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited college or university