The SQL System Administrator participates in the design, maintenance, enhancement, coding and administration of relational databases and is responsible for designing, planning, implementing and administering databases, including security, access and documentation. The candidate will analyze and determine information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements and data output and reporting capabilities.
Primary Skills Required:
- Coordinates new data development, ensuring consistency and integration with any existing structure
- Reviews business requests for data and data usage and researches data sources for new and better data feeds
- Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance, such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity and documenting problems, changes and solutions
- Assignments may include the design of data dictionaries, database structure and layout, installing, upgrading and managing database applications
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less experienced analysts and may have supervisory responsibilities
- May serve as technical team or task leader
- Stays current on vendors' best security practices, related to organizational requirements
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned and participates in special projects as required
- Acts as a technical resource for SQL-related design, performance, security and configuration issues
- Provides troubleshooting and problem resolutions for MS SQL Server-related issues
- Maintains current industry knowledge of relevant concepts, practices and procedures
- Evaluates and installs new software releases, patches and system upgrades
- Experience with database authentication methods, authorization methods and data encryption techniques
- Advanced knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in database development, coding and design, including business analysis, data modeling, logical and physical database design, data access analysis and design, DBMS optimization, archive and recovery strategy, load strategy design and implementation, security and change management
- Ability to communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Knowledge of SQL Server and its tools, including the facets of successfully administering a wide range of simple-to-highly-complex environments
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of database tuning: software configuration, memory usage, data access, data manipulation, SQL and physical storage
- Experience managing a technology strategy/roadmap
- Operating system and hardware platform knowledge preferred
- Must work well in a team environment as well as independently
- Good time management skills, independent decision making capability and a focus on customer service
Primary Skills Desired:
- Replicate, backup, and maintain databases.
- Experiences writing SQL and PowerShell scripts.
- Experience with Cloud Technologies.
- Experience using information technology to further mission goals and understanding production data for the purposes of creating test data
- Critical thinking and problem solving as it relates to using information technology to support a national security program.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize accordingly.
- Strong attention to detail.
Clearance: Must possess an active TS clearance
- Background working in the Intelligence Community.
- Experience working in a classified environment.