Linux Server Engineer
We are seeking a Linux/Unix Engineer candidate that can provide expertise in the implementation of the latest, best in class, Linux IT infrastructure technologies. All applicants must be U.S Citizens with an active Top Secret Clearance and the ability to obtain a Q/SCI.
- Provide IT operations support in a 24x7 production environment of over 400 servers, both physical and virtual, running Windows and Linux operating systems across multiple data centers, and geographic regions
- Installing, configuring, hardening, maintaining, and patching Linux servers
- Architecting solutions to manage and automate enterprise Linux environments
- Installing and configuring common open-source packages such as Apache, MySQL, PHP, SAMBA, named, dhcpd
- Tuning, developing, and troubleshooting SELinux policies
- Configuring and managing local yum and pip repository
- Building and compiling packages from source code, with knowledge of GitHub
- Building custom RPM packages
- A strong understanding of core network technologies (e.g. TCP/IP)
- Shell scripting experience plus knowledge of at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, Ruby, PowerShell)
- Exhibit effective interpersonal and presentation skills as he/she operates in a client-facing role.
- Managing backup solutions for Linux such as Veritas NetBackup.
- Experience working in a Windows Active Directory environment, with an understanding of LDAP and its implementation in AD and Linux
The ideal candidate will also have experience in the following areas:
- Basic Experience installing and configuring ESX servers
- Basic Experience installing and configuring common SAN storage technologies
- Basic Experience working in Active Directory configuring accounts and GPO
- Basic Experience installing and configuring Windows server
- Understanding of networking and basic experience configuring Cisco network devices
- Experience conducting performance baselining, testing and tuning.
- Experience administering Solaris and other Unix systems
- Knowledge of HPC implementations and ElasticSearch
- Candidate will be a Proactive Self Starter
- Candidate will Require Little to No Immediate Supervision or Day to Day Tasking
- Candidate will Possess Excellent Decision Making Skills.
- Candidate will Demonstrate Flexibility and Possess the Willingness to Support Shift Work if Needed.
- Candidate will Possess Excellent ability to collaborate as a Team and Possess Excellent Interpersonal Skills.
- Candidate will Possess Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills and be able to Interact with Senior Levels of Management.
- Experience working in cyber engineering with a Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field.
- Desired Candidates have RHCE or other industry certifications.
- Possesses experience supporting the Intelligence Community (IC)
- Experience with supporting the Joint Worldwide Intelligence System (JWICS).
- Knowledge of cloud architecture.
- Knowledge of virtualization capabilities
Must possess an active TS clearance (SCI preferred) and ability to obtain a Q/SCI clearance. To ensure Q clearances are processed in a timely manner (3-6 months), candidates must be natural born citizens