We are seeking a Help Desk Engineer/Technical Support candidate for a fulltime position in Washington, DC. All applicants must be USC with active Top-Secret clearance. No exceptions!!
- Provide user support and customer service on classified computer applications and platforms. Troubleshoot problems and advise on the appropriate action.
- Provide Tier 1/2/3 help desk support for classified and unclassified network environments.
- Works directly with users across multiple Federal agencies and National Laboratories to provide assistance in resolving IT problems.
- Documents issues and works to resolve problems or escalates to the appropriate individual or team.
- Based on established processes, grants access to classified applications.
- Familiarity with Public Key Infrastructures (PKIs). Can help users in using certificates for the first time, installing certificates in their browsers, etc.
- Prepare metrics indicating the quantity of calls/emails responded to as well as the types of issues in order to view trends
- Working knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant software, hardware and other equipment.
- Knowledge of relevant call tracking applications.
- Experience supporting a classified network or system in a classified help desk environment.
- Intimate knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Windows 7 and Active Directory tools.
- MS Exchange and Office 2007 and 2010 experience
- Experience working with Microsoft Active Directory User Accounts and performing password resets.
- Experience working with remote customers resolving their technical issues.
- Experience user AD account password resets.
- Experience working with Entrust accounts.
- The candidate also will provide support for RSA token reset and assignments.
- IPhone Support setting up accounts and remote management.
- Experience working with IC PKI’s (Setup and support).
- Identify common issues and advise managers of possible trends or commonalities between problems reported.
- Update and maintain Tier 1 documentation.
- Knowledge and experience of customer service practices.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to interact with senior levels of management.
- Excellent problem analysis and solving skills.
- Adaptable and able to work in a high stress / active environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Good to attention to detail and follow through.
- Proactive Self starter
- Demonstrate flexibility and the willingness to support shift work if necessary
- Familiarity with the Intelligence Community.
- Mobile communications background.
- Experience supporting VTCs.
Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of experience or equivalent in the IT technical field is preferred. 10 years of related IT support experience can be accepted in lieu of a degree.
Must possess an active TS clearance