We are seeking a Virtualization Engineer/Administrator for a fulltime position in Washington, DC. All applicants must be USC with an active Top-Secret Clearance.
- 5+ years of industry experience with VMware technologies, systems development, network operations, and software support.
- Possesses deep experience and knowledge with VMWare technologies.
- Experience with the implementation and administration of VMware Horizon View 6, VSphere 6 and later.
- Ability to build, configure, and maintain highly available, resilient virtual desktop solutions using VMWare, Liquidware, and Microsoft App-V.
- Experienced disaster recovery techniques to include assisting in DR planning and testing.
- Experience in implementing, managing, and maintaining a cloud-pod architecture.
- Experience with application virtualization using Microsoft App-V.
- Working knowledge of Local and Wide Area Networks.
- Familiarity with 3rd-party load balancers (e.g. F5, Riverbed).
- Familiarity with zero/thin-client management.
- Knowledge of systems management and monitoring tools (Solar Winds SAM/NPM, VRealize).
- Constantly monitor and update existing communications applications to ensure that they are running at peak performance with high integrity.
- Perform capacity-planning and take appropriate action to ensure that all virtual solutions can meet future growth and performance requirements.
- Proactive server and systems monitoring and performance. Complete daily tasks to ensure system stability.
- Produce procedural, descriptive, and other types of documentation that may be required.
- Integrate with the team’s on-call processes and respond to after-hours and weekend support calls as needed.
Day-to-day operations will include but are not limited to monitoring, troubleshooting, and the maintenance of the enterprise virtual desktop environment.
- Windows Server 2008/2012
- VMware VSphere 6
- Horizon View 6
- Microsoft App-V
- TCP/IP, DNS, Local and Wide Area Networking
Must possess an active TS clearance